#1 2023-12-20 17:13:15

chavela
Windows 10Chrome 120.0

Person alleges cyclist intentionally hit their dog on off-leash trail

Three was a post on NextDoor, from a person who says a cyclist intentionally hit their dog in the off-leash area of Shoal Creek.  This is a reminder that bad bicycle behavior is seen and broadcast, hurting us all.

OP says the dog was scared but is now fine.  Also says "I already know who he is thanks to the help of several members of the biking community."

From "Downtown West" neighborhood
"Hello everyone, first time posting, need some help.

A bicyclist hit my dog recently on an off-leash trail (Shoal Creek / Pease Park).

I believe it was 100% intentional, and so does the friend I was walking with (a female cyclist). I'm not trying to cause drama here (at least yet!) so I'll skip the full details of the incident. I am also choosing not to publicly share his name/photo.

He's a very experienced competitive rider, and judging by his actions/behaviors following the hit, I suspect this is not the first time he has intentionally targeted a dog to "teach the owner a lesson."

If this has happened before, that will obviously inform my response including legal action. The man is in his early 50s. If you know of any dogs who have been hit in a way that felt intentional, please privately message me with a description of the individual. If any other dogs have been hurt by this guy, I'd like to make sure this is the last time he gets away with it.

If you're the guilty biker reading this, I'm willing to settle this if you submit a sizable donation to a local pet-focused group such as Austin Pets Alive.

Thanks everyone for reading and appreciate any help.

Full post and comments
https://nextdoor.com/p/8szc78YJqFtP?pos … _id=355002

#2 2023-12-21 10:56:09

dougmc
Administrator
LinuxChrome 120.0

Re: Person alleges cyclist intentionally hit their dog on off-leash trail

I suspect this is not the first time he has intentionally targeted a dog to "teach the owner a lesson."

I guess this is the flip side of cyclists often thinking that somebody hit them intentionally (as in, on purpose, they *meant* to cause a collision) -- this person thinks that the cyclist hit them or their dog intentionally.

I mean, both things are *possible*, but incredibly unlikely -- a mistake is much more likely.

It's kind of surprising that Nextdoor is actually letting me see things this time, and I see that the commenters are eating it up.

"Show his face. I’m on the trail all the time 🏃🏽♂️ if I see him - I will clothesline him off the bike 🚴"

Lovely.  Now some cyclist is going to get "clotheslined" (intentionally, this time) because they happened to sort of look like somebody else.  Or maybe Alonzo is just another internet tough guy (probably even more likely, but still.)

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.014 seconds, 8 queries executed - Memory usage: 534.84 KiB (Peak: 538.84 KiB) ]